Monday, January 29, 2007

Chapter 3 (b)

I don't know how long I cried. When I woke up, Lucy was gone. There was a piece of paper under my head, and I thought she might have left me a note. But the paper was blank. The space on the couch beside me was still warm, and I realised she must have only just left. I ran to the street in the hope she might still be within sight. But I saw nobody.
I went back inside slowly. I caught a glimpse of myself in a window, and was surprised anew by my flaming red hair. I didn't recognise myself. It somehow seemed that more than just my hair had changed overnight. Yesterday I knew who I was - I wasn't particularly happy with it, but I knew. Today, I rejoiced in no longer knowing. My perception of self had been tipped on its head. I had been kissed by a girl. And I had liked it.
Lucy had taken me by storm. She had appeared in my life, forced her way into my little world, and taken over before I knew what was happening. Yesterday I had wanted to avoid her. Today I wanted to find her. I could not explain it to myself. She scared and fascinated me.
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

its going pretty interestingly.

Keshi.

February 1, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Adventures of the unknown will do that to yourSELF...great writing :)

February 11, 2007 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Mustafa Şenalp said...

I like your site very much. Thanks for your interest. Have a good day

March 27, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Frank Marcopolos said...

this is great stuff, muchos kudos~

April 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Princess Banter said...

Judging from the way you wrote it, it sounded like one delicious experience :)

April 16, 2007 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger Bella Nubile said...

Wow!! I can't wait to read more! Ditto on the kudos!

~Bella

August 17, 2007 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home